Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Checklist: Day One




CHECKLIST: DAY ONE

Wake-up time - 8am

Exercise - all 5 of us got up and either ran, walked or biked around the track (lasted maybe 20 minutes - it was already soo hot)

TV watched - episode of Peter Rabbit, Arthur & fraction of Good Luck Charlie

Games played - Mii-U, Book Worm, Temple Run, Candy Crush

Songs played - "22" and "Trouble" by Taylor Swift, over and over and over

Swimming - none (neighborhood pool closed)

Errands ran -  3 haircuts, and stop offs at 5 stores. That's a lot of seat belts buckling and unbuckling.

Food eaten out - none (amazing).  I take that back - drinks at Sonic.

Sports activities - Baseball practice

Activities - Create-your-own shirt

Bedtime - after several games of Tenzi (dice game, very fun), a rip-roaring wrestling match I had no part of that destroyed my bed, and half-hour of reading - 10:30pm.  Not great.

Can you tell I was a summer camp counselor and still believe in schedules, or at least a general lay out for the day.  This is also why my oldest, without fail, will ask every night, "So, what are we doing tomorrow?"  As much as I may build up the, "It's summer!  Let's see what happens.  Let's play it by ear.  Let's just relax," he has to know by now I always have a grand plan and checklist ready at will. I"m still learning to live spontaneously.

But, I have to (get to) work tomorrow.  So, I'm handing the summer play book off to Kenny.  Who knows what kind of day they'll have. If he's lucky some incredibly nice friends will borrow our kids awhile so he can get some work done.  If not, I guess I'll find out tomorrow if glitter and glue are on his short list of activities. Or maybe it'll be a Good Luck Charlie and Taylor Swift kind of day.  I hope not - or the kids will dread having mom back and her crazy summer checklist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment