Friday, May 17, 2013

Cel-e-brate Good Times, Come on!

I noticed throughout the week that every single Ward had something to celebrate, some bigger than others, but still something to share. So, before I miss an entire week, here's to accomplishments.

Kenny -- proud member of the Law-School-Loan-paid-off-club.  What?  It's a thing. But, yes, we are incredibly happy that his 30-year loan was taken care of in 13-years.  Now maybe, we can start saving for at least one kid to go to college. Or  not. Elijah has expressed a lot of interest in being a Dairy Queen employee.



Elijah - after two hits, scoring a run and getting a RBI,  he was given the Game Ball.  We still didn't win the game, but that's kind of the way of things lately.  But it's fun to watch him and all the boys when they do something well.

I have been wondering though, after watching last night's game, and some questionable ump decisions,  if it would be a good idea for Elijah to try an individual sport - like tennis, golf, karate, or his father's wish - cross country.  And maybe it wouldn't stress me out as much.

Another accomplishment - just today, Elijah passed his 100 multiplication fact test.  I'm not sure what this means in the world of school, but this 3rd grader felt like hot stuff.





Lydia - passed her Level 3 test during swim lessons last night.  I only mention this because we've never done "real" swim lessons that weren't in someone's backyard, so actually passing a swim test and getting a RED CROSS card was a big deal to this Red-Cross card-carrying member. Secondly, Lydia spent all her birthday money and bought her first and most likely only, American Girl doll.  If you have girls then you know that there is a little bit of crazy that surrounds these dolls.  We took her to the store on Sunday - and we were all overwhelmed with not only the depth of dolls but the amount of the price tag.  That was one smart lady (I trust it was a woman and not a man) who took a doll, a historical background, and made it into the commercialized world that it is.

Lanie - these are going to seem like celebrations I'm really reaching for, but truly they are not.  Lanie learned how to blow bubbles through her nose underwater.  This doesn't sound major, but think about it, once a kid learns how to do that, the whole world of water opens up to them.  Now they can go longer underwater and they can flip somersaults without getting water up their nose.  It is a big accomplishment.
And another thing ---- Lanie is really proud of this one -- she always has to ask me if she's got her shoes on the right feet.  She's been correct quite a lot lately and when I told her the other day that yes, she was right, in her little excited voice she said, "Mommy, I know my feet now.  I keep knowing them!"  This coming from the girl who regularly wears left on right and right on left and when told to change it, her usual response is, "I'm okay with that."  See now -- getting it right more than wrong is a big deal to this 4-year-old.


Jen - after deliberating a few days, I gave my principal the commitment to take this part-time gig of teacher/librarian and work full-time starting in August.
We shall see where this leads me.
One benefit:  I  have my own parking spot.  I feel very important. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment