Tuesday, May 21, 2013

If I Wasn't Just a Lurker on Facebook . . .

I would have posted this picture -
Lanie's love language - blueberry muffins and fruit

And then this picture -

@ Hobby Lobby - I didn't rush this favorite activity - lining up families of stuffed animals

And then later, this picture -


Ice cream at Jason's Deli

Today was the last Lanie and mom day (sniff, sniff) - just me and her - before the summer of 3 kids and the Kindergarten year of all day, every day.  I wanted to eat it up - so we did - by literally eating all day, and shopping for umpteenth teacher gifts at Michael's, and Hobby Lobby and Mardel's and snacking on popcorn at the mall (a place mostly unfamiliar to my children).  We had all day so we took it slowly, no rushing, and that makes all the difference in the world.  A day where I don't repeat, "Come on, let's go, let's go, let's go, we're going to be late, let's go" is a day to relish.  I also caved and bought a lot of things for Lanie which I would have usually, and easily said no.  It's just so easy with the attention of one kid to treat them special.  And it was a special day.  So I did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment