Monday, July 22, 2013

Trouble




"I knew you were trouble when you walked in . . . "

Heard this tune?  How could you not?  And how could I keep Taylor Swift away from my two dancing queens?

Here is the conversation I just heard in my kitchen.

Lanie: (While discussing Lanie's 5th birthday CD, and what songs she wants on it) 22!  I want 22!
(for those who don't have the album RED on your phone ready at a moment's notice, this is also a Swift song.)

Lydia:  That's my song! 22 is MY song! I had it first.

Kenny: (overhearing story) Geesh Lydia, I didn't know you were Taylor Swift?
Where's all your money, Taylor? You wanna share it?

Lydia:  Yes, I'm Taylor Swift.

Lanie: Are you Taylor Swift's little baby girl?

Lydia:  No, I'm just Taylor Swift.

Lanie:  Then, I'm Cinderella.

Geesh. Does this gal know her influence has gone beyond teeny-boppers to preschoolers?  Let's hope she steers clear from any Lindsay Lohan-type public activity and maybe we'll get through this phase just fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment