Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sneaking a Post, and some other things


Video Fever
Elijah and his friends at his sleepover.
(Ignore the hand-drawn mustaches & beards.  Boys at bedtime are very silly.)


The Ward family has put a self-imposed ban on electronics this week, mostly video games and television.  We're going on day 3 and I just had to sneak in a quick post about it to explain my absence.  If you're wondering why we would do this when it's the middle of the summer and we desperately need activities to do from sun-up to sun-down and a lot of time to kill, the answer is simply:  we needed it.

Sometimes things are just off.  We had a case of bad attitudes and very little love going around the house.  Suddenly playing video games, begging for my phone, or watching a show became a right instead of a privilege and anything without a wii control or an app was boring.

Something had to change.  I announced on Sunday night that this was the plan.  No TV. No phones. No videos.  Of course Elijah had to challenge me and told me then I wasn't allowed to blog.  Secretly Kenny and I think that when it's after hours, we're in the clear for some Dice with friends or an old Friends episode because really, it's not our bad attitudes that we're worried about changing.  But I would like to stick to the plan, at least mostly, and stay away from my computer - except this one post. I suppose I could justify it by saying that blogging is like writing a letter, including a picture, and mailing it to the small handful of friends who may be interested.

I will have much to share when the ban is lifted and already, I'm so pleased with what has changed, be it ever so slight. More on that later.

For now, I'll leave with this one bit of good news.

We picked up our kittens today, and spent a fortune on new cat things - and oh - my - goodness, Lanie can not leave them alone even after reprimand after reprimand that they are scared, they just had surgery, that they are in a new place, be still, let me them come out of hiding, just be still, Lanie be still you're scaring them.  They are so tiny, and so skinny, and we have so much to look forward to. The pictures are terrible quality, but the first is of Lucy who is quite brave and readily came out to see us.  Lioness, on the other hand, took her time and immediately found a nook to hide herself from all the stomping and crazy that is 3 excited kids.

Enjoy your week and I'll see you next Monday!




         Lucy                                                                                                                        Lioness










No comments:

Post a Comment