Friday, May 4, 2012

Natachees Supper and Punch

   Natachees Supper and Punch is now the Wards favorite kid-friendly restaurant of choice.  After hearing such great things about it for the past year, we finally made the trek to Mid-town. After a late baseball game, we met our friends, the Bremers there.  They had actually taken our two girls along with their 2 girls to Zoobilee that afternoon while Kenny and I watched an uninterrupted game of Elijah's.  Thank you Bremers!!

     So to exchange kids, we met at this wonderful place.  Because it was dark outside, my pictures came out mostly fuzzy, but I'm posting several any way, just to encourage you to go as well (but go before it's deadly hot).  We had a good supper, many choices, and had several fruity punches. The greatest surprise for me was the kid meals.  I was told ahead of time that all the meals come in old 1970's and 80's lunch boxes.  That sent our group reminiscing about the time when lunch boxes weren't insulated cloth, or even plastic, but truly old school, metal boxes.  I described my Holly Hobby lunch box of the past, a character mostly forgotten today.  Would you believe -- the lunch box they put in front of me was, drum roll - - - - Holly Hobby, decked out in her blue bonnet that I so fondly remember.  Of course I had to take a picture of it. 

    
     For entertainment they had a big sand box and a huge, gated yard where kids can just run and run and run. How smart they are!  And to top it off, a cover band plays most evenings on a wooden stage with a grassy ground in front for the parents and kids to dance the night away.  The weekend we went it was cool and breezy - a perfect night to listen to the Beatles band croon away while we shrugged off inhibitions and twisted and shouted.






















No comments:

Post a Comment