Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Avengers


    It seems every other year on the first weekend of May,  a super hero movie comes out to start the summer blockbuster frenzy.  And since it's Kenny's birthday weekend as well, that's usually where you'll find us.  We've seen Iron Man I and II, Spiderman, and others I can't recall right now. 
   This year, it was Avengers.  Throw Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk, Black Widow and some archer named Hawkeye together, and you've got a pretty entertaining evening.  And while I knew little about pretty boy Captain America, the man out of his time, or Norse god Thor, I had a great time watching the story unfold.  I get nervous watching action movies, but it's a fun nervous, a silly nervous. I think if it were in novel form, and not comic book form (which gives me a headache), I wouldn't be above checking it out from the library.
    If you haven't seen it yet, and are willing to throw out the cash, I recommend three things.  First, see it in a dinner theatre.  Hero movies are much more fun with a fruity drink and some chips and salsa. Second, don't leave the theatre until the credits have completely rolled.  Those funny Marvel comic guys keep it funny till the end. Third, don't be late.  You don't want to miss the summer previews.  They'll leave you itching to see The Dark Knight Rises and Spiderman, but most importantly, Pixar's Brave.  First Pixar movie with a heroine, Scottish at that.  I'm sure Kenny and I will run out to see that blockbuster (as we have every other Pixar movie).  Maybe we'll even splurge and bring the kids this time.
  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment