Friday, May 11, 2012

From the eyes of Lydia, age 6



Today, Thursday, May 10th, I woke up a brand new 6-year-old with balloons in my bed and streamers on my door.  My Papa Tex asked me if I felt any different.  I don't. 

And even though it's not sugary cereal day (reserved for Tuesdays and Saturdays), I got to eat Fruity Pebbles for breakfast - thanks dad!

Last night my mom, my Mimi and I worked on these gift bags full of colored popcorn to give to my classmates.  I had to stand in front of my class while they sang to me - without the cha, cha, chas.  I was shy, but not nearly as shy as last year, when I wouldn't even look up at the camera or away from my teachers side. Guess I'm growing up.

       While my mom thinks 8 o'clock in the morning is not the greatest time to have sweet popcorn and Capri-Sun, I think she's wrong.  I loved it.  Some of my friends thought flavored popcorn was gross, but I think they are crazy.  

For lunch, my mom brought me McDonalds to eat and sat with me and my friends in the lunchroom.  We took a lot of silly pictures.
     





There was one snag in the day.  Mom locked her keys in the car (for the second time in a week).  Mom thinks she's going crazy.  We had to fetch a ride with some friends and don't tell anyone that I didn't have a car seat.  This took so long that we didn't get to see Grammie and Grandpa who had just gotten here from Nebraska and who had to drive up to the school with dad to save the van.  My sister and I had to rush to dance class.  Rush, Rush, Rush.  Sometimes that's all we do.  I'm not a fan of rushing.
    At dance class, we got our recital t-shirts. It's on Saturday.  My name is on the back.  Soo coool.  I put mine on, which was as long as a dress and wore it to my birthday dinner with all of my grandparents and my family.  I chose I-HOP.  My brother wanted me to choose Chuck. E. Cheese (of course), but I love pancakes for dinner. 

At dinner I got to open some presents but then RUSH, RUSH, RUSH, we had to go watch brother play baseball ON MY BIRTHDAY.  It was really, really late when we got home, but I opened up my presents anyway. I got lots of arts and crafts stuff and a pink CD player, some pretty dresses, and a Cuddle Uppet (As Seen On TV). I didn't think I was being any different, but my mom says that I was putting on the Lydia show. And what does "you're a ham" mean? 

All I know is I had a great day.  I LOVE birthdays!  My mom says I'm the luckiest girl in the world.  This time, she just may be right.




No comments:

Post a Comment