Wednesday, April 4, 2012

TEXAS HAIL?


      I've managed a Texas summer drought, a Texas hurricane, a Texas tropical storm, and even a couple of Texas winter snowfalls, but in my time living down south, I've never seen hail.  I'm sure it's dropped from the sky before,  I just never witnessed it, until today.  While spending a quiet day home alone with Lanie, we hear what sounds like bullets hitting our back windows.  It actually took awhile for it to register, but when I noticed white particles in the grass, I ran for my camera.  They weren't golf ball-size, like I always hear about, but big as a quarter, at least. This quick video is too funny to me.  There I am, ever the teacher, scanning the backyard, explaining to Lanie what hail is and how damaging it can be when my "holy cow" (I  love parent curse-words) is interrupted by a huge burst of thunder bringing her to tears.  Just so glad I got it on video.














No comments:

Post a Comment