Saturday, April 21, 2012

"Disney on Ice" comes home

   A couple of weekends ago, my girls got to see "Disney on Ice" for the first time.   We were part of a birthday party group so there were several little girls in our row to squeal with or jump around with, but Lanie stayed on my lap most of the time and Lydia stood near me predicting what would be next. After a very long segment of The Princess and the Frog and Cinderella, Tangled finally showed up.  Lanie had been very impatient for her and was a bit confused as to why Rapunzel's long, blond, braided hair was so much shorter than in the movie.
                  She watched intently though as the princesses in the finale skated through, screaming above the crowd which one was her favorite.  By the end of her sentence, I'm pretty sure she named them all, except maybe Mulan - has anyone seen that one?  I think it's air date came at a time when I paid little attention to princesses.
    What has been so humorous as of late is her way of mimicking what she saw that day.  One morning, I was forced to sit down and watch her show.  What followed was a pj'ed girl in her brother's old skates pretending to ice skate like a princess to her sister's choir music, of all things. And I had to grab my camera, because how often does that happen? 
   Well, in our house. A lot, really.  But I took the pic anyway. 
  
   
    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment