Thursday, February 23, 2012

Typical Wednesday

The Elmo family takes a family picture
Princess turned Knight

         Lately, my Wednesday's have looked very similar.  Kenny takes the big kids to school and I stay home with Lanie.  We used to rush here and there to Gymnastics or the gym, but lately, it's been a lot of, well, see pictures.  We stay in our pajamas, Lanie watches DORA (oh, when will her fascination with DORA end?!?!), and we talk about what we want to do with our day: what store we should go to, what friend we should visit, what we should have for lunch.  It seems to be the only day where Lanie plays by herself (for a moment or two), without Lydia telling her what to do.  I love it and I sneak away and clean up the mess of the morning until "Mama, come play
with  me."  If it seems lazy, I guess it is a bit, but after tending to a 3-year-old's imagination, and often her anger, not to mention a regressed potty routine, I'm a bit worn out and ready to have brother and sister home.

1 comment:

  1. Don't rush DORA out of existence! I long for the DORA days when I'm watching the Disney tween shows!

    ReplyDelete