Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another drive to school

The exact opposite of what our morning looked like.
I had no idea that driving to school took up so much energy.  But, today was yet another bad morning even though we left at the "right" time.  I won't chronicle it the way I did last Thursday because it was much the same traffic, only foggier.  I sat in my line and watched many others pass me and made not a sound, though I did stay very, very close to the car in front of me.  We rushed into the school building at 8:03 (34 minutes from door to door) and Elijah snuck in while the girls were met with closed doors and tardy passes. Woe is me.  Something has to give.  Either A)move closer to the school; B) quit driving to LSA and attend Silverlake where there are three buses that stop in front of our house;  C) take a less volatile, but longer route or D) wake up the beast (that's Lanie) earlier and leave earlier.  Yeah, I know, writing it down makes the easiest answer seem pretty clear.  But we never do anything the easy way.
             Such a pretty, happy smile. This wasn't today.                 





1 comment:

  1. I think A or D are the best answers. We had that drive this am--only we left 3 minutes late--wreck on the beltway--showed up at exactly 8am (parked the new car in the grass--a first) and RAN inside--both doors still open and somehow not a single tardy pass. Must've just been our day because I sure wasn't expecting it after the morning we'd just had. xo

    ReplyDelete