Friday, October 23, 2009

Thing #14 - Technorati

I had a little trouble with Technorati. Everytime I was on for a bit, it timed out and had problems loading. I did look for blog post and found 23 on school library learning. There were zero in the blog directory and I had a hard time doing a search for tags. I went to the tag section and school library science 2.0 wasn't a choice. When it doesn't boot me off every few minutes, I will try again.

I think I've mentioned before that Technorati can be of great assistance to anyone on a search for a specific topic, someone who wants not just specific articles for research but recent opinions on any given thing. For me to just browse technorati, I get a little overwhelmed but I think with a purpose, I would find it quite useful. This goes for the tags as well. There is great value in organizing your finds. I've always had a messy list of saved items and while it was nice to have it all in one place, it saves time to have all of your finds tagged for further use. It is truly a time-saver for any profession that searches, saves, shares information, and what profession doesn't do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment