Friday, October 23, 2009

Thing #13 - Delicious

Before I could understand delicious, I had to learn about bookmarks. I love the Common Craft guys who do such a good and simple job of explaining what could become very complicated things. I am most excited about delicious because it enables me to look at my bookmarks anywhere, that is if I can remember my login information - I have so many to keep straight.
Delicious is useful for so many things. I taught an advanced writing class at UHCL last semester and I had so many sites that I went to for both planning my syllabus and creating links for my class to go to on webct - how helpful to have this program then. I did use my internet explorer bookmarks but they weren't as extensive as delicious. It's a great organizer tool and a way to share resources without having to copy and paste articles in an email. The only hurdle will be getting the people you want to share with to join the program and get into delicious as well. The list of social bookmarking sites was long - top 20 - that I like just being given one good one and sticking with it. Delicious will be mine. I'm glad to have been directed to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment