Friday, October 23, 2009

Thing #12 - Commenting

For someone who didn't read blogs before this class, I've had a lot of reading to add to my daily routine. I've enjoyed it, but searching for the things that I like has taken time and trial and error. I was at first overwhelmed by the amount of articles that were spread across my page, but once I realized it's okay to delete or ignore, life has been less stressful.

Now, about commenting - I really enjoyed the information on Darth Commenter - just to succeed in life, this is a good tip. I liked the information on how to criticize kindly when trying to counter an opinion - it's simple but a good reminder. I also agree with interacting with comments that are left on your blog. I know for some who have high membership this must be hard. But to validate someone's comment - that will open up even more readership.
I went out of my comfort zone to comment on blogs - I'm a stalker reader. But I found one to respond to through his comment to a librarian site on why we shouldn't be just observers. I liked what he said that sometimes, some people need time to process what they've read and don't comment on a blog right away. Then, after the information percolates, they're ready to discuss, but often the blogger has moved on to something else. I appreciated his comment so I found his blog which was not highly read, and read a few articles and found one to respond to. It was a joy to do this and let him know that I found him and agreed with him. The other blog was a writer that I like and was drawn to a quote he posted. I feel like I searched for good, meaningful comments and genuinely responded - like any good blogger would do :-) I'm on my way.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are on your way! Most bloggers have set their blog to send them an e-mail any time someone makes a comment so if you write on today's post or last year's post the blogger will know. That way taking time to form a comment is not a problem.

    ReplyDelete