Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thing #10 - Image Generators

This phase of the THINGS was much more relaxing then the last. While I am not the quippiest person around and stare at cartoons that urge me to write "YOUR TEXT HERE", I'll give it a try. Airplane the movie, always makes me smile. I worked in ComicStripGenerator and enjoyed the wide variety of images that they had to create a single comic. I also figured out how to create moving text and posted it directly to the blog. That was new for me.
I had the most fun at ImageChef - The kid pics and football jersey for my son's 6th birthday party are all created from that site. At BigHugeLabs, I ordered a picture puzzle for my dad for Christmas. So, all in all - I got a lot done while still working. I love it.
I was really impressed with Wordle and intriuqed by Glogster. I can see English teachers creating very unique presentation assignments with both of them. The image generators are always good to have bookmarked for any handout, newsletter, power point, blog, web page, etc. that a librarian may need to create. Images always increase readability. I will caution though, that too many images can be overwhelming. Children today are used to the busyness of images on a screen, but that doesn't make it right to overload them with images just because it's what they are used to. The images need to be chosen wisely.


















































I














No comments:

Post a Comment