Monday, November 30, 2009

Thing #23 - THE END, for now

1. Favorite discoveries/exercises? I have taken a great deal away from many of the exercises but my top 3 are Photo Story, Wikis, and Delicious. These three are at the top of my list because I have begun to use them outside of my assignments and it is rewarding.
2. How has this program assisted life-long learning goals? How could it not? I came in with a small amount of knowledge and no real desire to learn web 2.0 and have come out on the other end more aware of how the tools can lift up what I will be able to do in the library and in the classroom. It has shifted my entire way of thinking about how libraries can play a role in the life of the school.
3. Any take-aways or unexpected outcomes? Yes, many times, yes. I don't know anyone who wasn't surprised by the amount that they were able to take away be it a way to create a power-point slide with narration and music and pics to creating an avatar for the first time (just in time for the new movie - AVATAR!) I didn't expect to love this program so much that I went directly to my principal with it.
4. Improvements? One of the first notices to be made when starting this program is to open up a new document to keep all of the logins and usernames in one place. I didn't realize there would be so many so I didn't write them all down, certain I would remember. When I didn't - I had to start over with new passwords. Very important.
5. Would I choose to participate in more? Absolutely - if I had the time. It was quite time-consuming. I'm glad to have been "made" to do it. I would like to learn about other tools and would hope to make the time for it. On my own though, I'm afraid it would take me much longer, I'm certain.
6. One Word -- Addictive!

1 comment:

  1. congratualtions on completing your 23 Things adventure...yes addicitive is a good word for it...it can take over your "life" if you let it!!

    I was most interested in how you said it changed your perception of the value of the 2.0 world!

    ReplyDelete