Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thing #18 - Online Productivity Tools

I tried using Google Docs to collaborate with classmates on our final project. It reminds me of a wiki and I wonder what differences there are. I haven't gone further in a wiki then just creating a document so maybe wikis have more capabilities. I do like Google Docs and they are free. I struggled with creating a table because the program does not let you create like Word does - I did find that a barrier. OpenOffice.org was new to me and I'm impressed by the FREE part. I also am always a bit giddy about anything that looks new. From what I saw, there were many templates (I used the calendar) and creating a document was really simple. They seem to use more icons in place of words that are used in Word. I'm not a superstar at any specific word program so I couldn't tell if there were many more significant differences but I did enjoy using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment