Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thing #22 - Nings

For this thing, I took a look at the Teacher Librarian and Texas Librarian Nings - they remind me a lot of the information I get subscribing to TLA emails. There is a lot of good information to be found at these sites. Nings are newer but they seem to be picking up members and I like the idea of creating a place for an academic purpose that isn't MySpace or Facebook. Besides using it for personal reasons, a Ning could be used for direct instruction or indirect instruction. Indirectly, I would like to see a network created for a specific classroom so that students can discuss assignments in a safe place where the teacher has input. Directly, a library ning could be available for all students for book discussions, project discussions and for students to have a place to create their own blogs. I'm still learning about this so I'm sure there are many other capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment