Friday, November 20, 2009

Thing #20 - Teacher Tube & You Tube



Teacher Tube Video: Sock Monkeys Do the Dewey System by Wittmannt



Videos are always useful in education. Having a video is never THE reason to present the material but it can certainly jazz up a topic you are teaching. Just watching the Common Craft guys, I've gotten a lot more interested in the web 2.0 tools then if I'd only read about them. It piques my interest more when there is video programming to go along with the learning and it seems to stay in my head longer. I used a Dewey Decimal video for my teacher-tube video - it's cute. A class put it together to explain the divisions of the system. When I searched You Tube for libraries - the topics were endless - libraries 2.0, library fun, libraries funny - and on and on. Blocking the ability to receive online videos would be a shame. I am not in a school now to know how wide-spread the blocking of youtube is but I would hope that the administration could be convinced to include it for teachers.

1 comment:

  1. It would be nice if school administrators would unblock You Tube for teacher use. I believe that there are many wonderful uses for it in the classroom. As librarians we need to make our concerns known and let administrators know how much it would aid in learning for our students.

    ReplyDelete