Monday, October 15, 2012

The Choir


If you are looking at this picture and see middle-aged men singing on a back patio then you see correctly.  Our friend Garret loves music, all kinds of music, and this is how he presented this last Saturday night concert to us. (mostly verbatim)

"It's a bunch of guys from California, had an alternative band in the 80's and 90's....They still tour, usually either in bars or churches..."

Then he goes on to tell us that a Bible Study group from a Methodist Church in Magnolia is hosting a house concert in some guy's rural back yard.  It's a pot-luck dinner with the band so we are supposed to bring a dish and our own beer or wine. 

Random right?  But how could we pass that up?  A band I've never heard of, pot-luck, and camping chairs.  I love a good adventure. And then I find out that the drummer wrote and composed the song "God of Wonders," a song we're always singing at church.  And I found out that they won a grammy in the Contemporary Christian category many years ago.   I felt quite hip in the world of Christian rock. 

I will admit that I was totally skeptical about the night, especially driving almost an hour to get there but I ended up really enjoying it.  I even got some bootleg footage of The Choir singing this song, "Beautiful, Scandalous Night."  It was really pretty. 

So I dedicate this post to The Choir and for proving you're never too old to do what you love.  And seeing that I'm right around the corner from 40 and am no where close to doing what I love or even know what that is -- it's quite a comfort.

Enjoy!

(poor video quality and very short but it'll give you an idea to their great harmony.)





No comments:

Post a Comment