Friday, June 15, 2012

A VBS Funny

  Today was the last day of VBS but the fun continues tonight with a big final party.  It really was a great week and the director's and leaders did such a good job.  I got to see so many kids - and today I had the biggest chuckle of the week.  We were outside today because we had bubbles and I had a group of 4-year-olds.  I told all of them that THEY were each a "bubble" because just like our bubbles didn't stay in one spot, they floated or popped, we don't stay in one spot. We go so many places, but in every place, God is with us and we have the privilege of sharing Jesus with everyone we meet, everywhere we go.  Great message, right?  Well every group I got them to say really loud:  "I Am a Bubble!" But this one little girl refused to say it. She told us:  "I'm not a bubble; I'm a Princess!"  I thought that was precious.  Had I thought of it, I would have told her yes, you are GOD'S little princess, but I didn't think of that.   Kids are so funny - they say the darndest things (Bill Cosby, right?).   And they made the week so special.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment