Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The List

Kenny opening his Father's Day gift from the kids.  Thought another bandaged arm would be overkill.
So K and I have a running list of things that are difficult or even impossible to do with just one hand.  It certainly doesn't meet Soul Surfer status of disability, but it's fun to make jokes about it (make jokes about the list of can't do's, NOT the girl who lost her arm to a shark. Want to be clear about that.)

Here's what we have so far:
Folding socks (mentioned that yesterday)
Typing without pecking
Tying shoes (Lydia tied his shoes this morning which came untied by afternoon)
Putting on a watch
Shower - wash armpit of non-hurt arm (I'm sorry, bad topic)
Buttoning jeans (not impossible, but not easy)
Slicing potatoes
Cutting chicken with fork and knife (which much to his chagrin, I did for him into little pieces like I do for the kids)
Play catch
Break dance (I'm not just being funny.  The kids were trying to do it this evening.  Kenny could not show off his skills.)

That's it for now.  Never thought I'd get this much mileage out of a knife accident, but there it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment