Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My kind of Saturday


pic one
I'm been having some glitches with my connection from phone camera to computer this past week so I've been without easy access to my photo stream and since I'm a bit spoiled to the joy of a Mac and all its wonder stream products, I just haven't had it in me to download or send singular pictures.  So without pictures, I feel a little lost on words as well.

But I'm going to the trouble to get some weekend pics, as bad quality as they are,  because they show exactly what we did - which is nothing.  On Saturday, I ran an errand, then came home.  Then Kenny ran an errand, then came home.  Then we had a glorious rainstorm that cancelled Elijah's baseball game.  And I cheered because taking 2 girls to a 2 hour game in the drizzly rain and faraway lightning just didn't sound fun.

Hopefully this week, I'll figure out the computer issue and I can get back to feeling guilty that I'm not writing every day like I intend to.


Pic One - Early Saturday
When video game and tv time had reached its quota, the kids resorted to Name That Tune - here Elijah is humming the tune to the Wii ditty.  He bet them $50 they wouldn't.  They didn't.


pic 2
pic 3





















Pic Two and Three and Four and Five - Saturday Afternoon
I hid myself in my room to pay bills and budget (a continual challenge for me) and let Kenny take over.  I come out to find K on a ladder with a man-made contraption of pool toys and a rake trying to get a little piece of orange rubber that was thrown up and stuck to our ceiling many months ago.  Little piece of orange rubber doesn't really describe it too well.  You know those toys where you can throw them on a door and they stick and they always get hair and dust all over them they are really gross.  That's what this was.  I suggested nerf guns to help, the kids were all over that.
  It took a while but now our ceiling is safely without a gross piece of orange, stretchy rubberish thing.

pic 4
pic 5











Pic Six - Saturday Evening
Our going-to-bed routine is epic.  Seriously.  It takes a good hour or more to calm the hyper, to say prayers, and read stories.  This pic is a rarity - all 3 kids in a corner listening to Lydia read.  So odd I had to capture it.


pic 6

I realize none of this is super interesting, but if you were sitting at work today wondering, hmm, I wonder what the Wards did on Saturday, now I don't have to tell you.

But I will tell you, that out of all our recent Saturday's.  This was one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment