Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Christmas Program Funny






    There have been so many great moments to write about this past week - between Church Christmas programs, school programs, class parties, Elf on the shelf shenanigans, grandparents in town, presents, grandparents with an RV, a Christmas Eve service with a candle-light Silent Night and almost burnt hair, early, early mornings, presents, making cookies, dogs, presents, coughing kids, friends visiting with their new greyhound, temperature drops, more coughing kids, presents, movies - really, so much to share.  It's so overwhelming to know where to begin, so instead, I'm sharing a video that could stand a chance winning an AVF award.  It's just too funny to keep hidden in an old computer file.   
     I don't know if embarrassed or shocked is the right word to describe my reaction to Lanie and her Destiny's Child move on her best friend while singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  It's a long minute and 10 seconds but you only need to see the first 10 to get a feel for how my little bully of a girl edges her way to microphone glory. I didn't even notice the cat fight until it was over.   I was so busy scanning the darling children with the glittery tinsel singing about the bright star that the wise men follow to even catch what has become my favorite Christmas program story.  Props to Ella though, she certainly didn't back down and kept that microphone front and center.  Luckily these friends are only 4 - with many girl fights to come, I suppose.  Thankfully, they end the song singing loudly, sweetly and with angelic smiles and have completely forgotten the Twinkle, Twinkle tug-of-war.
    Of course I haven't forgotten.  That's what this blog is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment