Friday, November 9, 2012

Cut-Off Day


See this self photo of the awkward Hair-i-gami bun I have?  It took forever to get it to work but it is a pretty amazing little tool.  It's a slap bracelet for your hair.  But I just had to have one last picture of it because tomorrow (or later today now that I've looked at the time) - all that awkward, fly-away hair is coming off - at least 10 inches of it. 
I'm a little thoughtful about it tonight.  A little leery.  I'm not the "It's just hair" kind of person.  I'm not creative with hair cuts.  I don't walk into a salon with a In-Style magazine and say, "I want this!"  And I don't spend money on them either - if it's more than $20 I feel ripped off.  Cheap, I know.  But long, straight, and slightly frizzy has always been my go-to hair-do.  It's easy, it's fast, and I always have a pony-tail holder on my wrist to share. 

You have to understand then, how big of a day tomorrow is for me. And while I've done a dramatic cut twice before, the end result is never easy.  So if you don't see me (and you live in the general area), or I'm wearing a hat, you'll know I'm hiding some strange layers the salon gal thought would be perfect for my face.  So, I'm hoping for the best, prepared for a change, and striving for the "it'll grow back" kind of attitude.

If I'm brave, I'll post the before and after pics.


Have a great Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment