Wednesday, September 5, 2012

"Think I'll Go Down To the Ocean"



If you read the last post from last week, then you know that we are still in the throes of "changing" some things around the house.  It's a very slow process.  Our little spontaneous trip to Galveston this Labor Day weekend probably didn't help the moving get completed any quicker, but the respite was totally needed for us. 

One of my favorite songs is "I Think I"ll Go Down to the Ocean" by Dakota Blond.  It's one of those sweet, folk/blue-grass, acoustic songs that made the list during the mixed-tape era of the early Kenny and Jen years, so of course I had to sing it all weekend.  If you get a chance, listen to it (down below), you'll be heading to the beach as well to as they say: "sit alone and watch the waves break; don't think I'm ever going to leave."  And if it weren't for the house "project" and the whole being responsible thing, we would have stayed. 

Above is a favorite picture I took of all the people I love, connected.  It was early Saturday morning after a heavy rain and the beach was mostly secluded, almost as if it was planned just for us.  It took me just two seconds to put the camera down, and join them. 

Family complete.




1 comment:

  1. More exploitive shirtless pictures of me to draw traffic to your blog.

    ReplyDelete