Monday, September 10, 2012

Hint of Change

     

      Yes, it's old news that school has begun, along with long drives to and from, and cranky, hungry kids after school, and homework and dance and gymnastics and soccer and chess club (more on that later) and birthday party invites to kid parties at Chuck E. Cheese and Jump and Jungle.  And yes, college football has begun and Husker red is worn every Saturday.  And NFL kicked off this weekend making a very happy Elijah who is addicted to the Red Zone, something I loathe.  And Fall TV season has begun which makes Kenny downright giddy. 
    But, what I'm really talking about has nothing and everything to do with school, sports and "Parks and Recreation" and that's the Fall"ish" weather that landed on Houston this weekend.  Yes, we still hit near 90 degrees in the middle of the day, but the past two mornings have been downright glorious which has truly added a little lift to my walk and put an "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" tune to my lips on the way to school unlike some less than beautiful mornings we've had.
    I love Fall, even though our leaves rarely change colors.  But I also love our short winter chill, and I can't forget about the Texas spring season or the long summer.  Really, I just love change.  Which may explain my need to change our house around so frequently.  But change is good.  And while this small glimpse of Autumn will probably not become our new normal in Houston quite yet, I'll take it.  And the kids will take it.  In fact earlier tonight Elijah went outside to throw the football around and came running back in and said, "Mommy, you have to come out here. It feels sooo good."  So for the first time in a while, we went out and enjoyed this early breath of fresh air. 
       Just the change we needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment