Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Just One More Swim

We had to make ONE MORE TRIP to Angleton Pool with friends.

We are feeling the weight of the end of summer at our house.  Lots of talk of going to bed early so we can be ready for the 6:30am wake up time next week.  I am so unprepared for this.  We've had late nights and late mornings all summer.  And it's been lovely (the late morning part). 

But it all ends in 7 days.  That's not a lot of time to make up for whatever we've missed this summer.  And we haven't missed much.  We made a long list of the outings we've made the past two months and each kid starred their top 3, or 5, and Elijah went to 8.  

What I miss is the kind of summer that comes to most people's minds when they hear the word Summertime: downtime.  Sure we're not rushing to school at an unreasonable hour, but we're rushing everywhere else all for the sake of FUN.  And the kids have had a blast, so job well done. I can pat myself on the back.   Now if we can save up these last days and fill them with board games, barbies, babies & books - all without leaving my carpeted room or getting out of my pj's - that would be summer completed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment