Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It Begins



Early to rise. Peaceful morning.  Uniform ready.  Easy Photo session.  All Smiles. Lots of traffic. Car ride questions.

Mom:  What are you most afraid of this school year?

Lanie:  Making new friends.
Lydia:  My new teacher.
Elijah:  Homework.

On time Drop off. No tears. Approachable teachers. Busy building. Rush to library meeting late.

Day of work. Leave early. Rush to school.  Hallway standing.  Parents sneaking peaks.  Old friends uniting. Classes dismissed. Chatty pick-up.  Excited plans. Tons to share.

Elijah:  I loved my cheeseburger.  I ate it in two bites.
Lydia:  My teacher is so, so nice.  She doesn't yell at all.
Lanie:  A little girl asked me if I wanted to play with her outside.

Celebrate with ice cream. Go home.

Day One - Complete.




No comments:

Post a Comment