Monday, September 2, 2013

He Restores My Soul


Last Thursday I was going to write a post called "Transitions Make Me Cry" but I think the good Lord kept me from writing until I could get to this Labor Day weekend. After a first full week of teaching and early mornings, and still late nights, confusing car pools, guilt, activity start dates coupled with Open Houses, and so much on my plate, I was about to scream, or well, cry with a completely selfish pity party.  It always happens that way.  I tend to fall into myself and forget God's big picture.  So for those who crossed my sad path last week, I can only say that I'm coming into the new week refreshed, and my soul more at peace.

For the second year in a row, we've gone to Galveston for Labor day weekend.  And just like last year, it was the respite needed.  I started the weekend grumpy and after 48 hours with the Hergenraders, their beautiful beach house, 7 kids who I adore, 1 golf cart, 9 jellyfish caught in nets, 1 night ghost crab caught by bucket (& then unfortunately stepped on), and of course the beach, I was restored.  In fact, I took some needed time to walk out as far as I could in the water, with kid sounds far behind me, and just listen to the waves and have a talk with God. I was a bit reminiscent of my Florida days when I truly was alone at the beach every weekend and I could wade far out in the water alone in prayer. Of course not TOO far out, I'm still afraid of shore-loving sharks. But far enough.

The kids had such a good time.  In fact, Lanie now wants her own sandhouse, as she continued to call it.  But Sam, age 6, kept her straight, "It's a BEACH house, Lanie. Not sand."

Elijah didn't even give me too hard of a time that we didn't stop at Paradise Pier or the Go-Karts or Schlitterbahn.  One of these days. It was a purely hangin' out kind of time.

Thank you Mike and Tina for letting 3/5 of us crash on your floor and sharing this amazing place with us.

Now for all the pictures:


















No comments:

Post a Comment