Saturday, March 17, 2012

Strawberry Pickin'


        It seems that this spring break, we keep going places that require the traditional seasonal picture.  Yesterday was no different.  For the past 3 years, we have met our friends, the Grooms at Frobergs farm and picked fresh strawberries.  I was shocked when we drove up to see a line of cars waiting to get into the parking lot of the farm.  Apparently, everyone in a 20 mile radius of Alvin, Texas had the same idea.  But, after a 30 min. wait, we got in and the kids had the best time sloshing through mud to find strawberries that weren't too yellow, too little, or too yucky.  When it was all said and done, we did have a few of all these, but when a 3, 5 and 8-year-old are making the "best strawberry" decisions, you kind of have to let that go. I will admit though, that I did tire of hearing:  "Mom, is this one good?  Mom, is this one good?  Mom, look at this one.  Is this one good?"  After awhile, you just say:  "Great choice."

      And of course since you're at a farm, and there was such excitement in the air, I had to overbuy on produce and fruits.  Being at Froberg's always bewitches me a bit.  I'll never learn my lesson.  Along with the jillion strawberries I have to clean and cut, I have cantelope, grapes, bananas, corn, cucumbers and anything else I could carry.  I always have the expectation that we'll feast on this healthy food the same night.  But, plans change.  Friends come over, it's too late to cook and what do we have:  pizza and wings.  There's always the next day to eat healthy. 
     But . . . since I'm writing this post late and "the next day" already occurred, my Froberg's food wasn't on the menu either.  Instead, try carnival food.  But that's another post.

Here are some favorite pictures from the day.    

Too muddy
Too yellow
Too little, Too squishy

Just Right!





So proud




Sno-cones for lunch
We rebels ignore the "No Climbing on Tree" sign - all in the name of tradition.
                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment