Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Little Lydia now 5


My little girl is 5 today - well in just a couple of hours. All of my children were born in the middle of the night 1:37am, 3:03am, and 4:01am. We don't know any other way. It's always strange to us when couples go to the hospital during daylight hours and have a baby the same day. But what memories of the evening we went to the hospital with all three of them. With Lydia, we were sitting at Bible study on a Tuesday night and I was watching the clock and counting possible contractions. Just to be safe, we sent Elijah to our friends' house (his first sleepover) and we went to the hospital prepared to come home. But - We stayed, and waited and watched the contractions on the printout (my husband's favorite job), chatted with friends who came to support us, and we watched the Astros lose a game. And then finally it was time -- not a lot of labor, but enough to wonder why I was doing it again. When the doctor told me it was a girl - I was shocked. I didn't think God would give me a girl. I thought I was more of a boys' mom. Little did I know, another girl would soon come after, but at that very special moment, and coming off a botched epidural, I cried my joy out loud. God had entrusted me, me, with this tiny, little girl. Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Jen! You guys have such a special family :) We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete