Monday, September 14, 2009

Thing #6 - Mashups

I got a big kick out of the mashups - not only can you put your pictures up for all to see, but these apps have ways to organize them, connect them to other pics, and create random but wonderful gifts with them. I really liked Flickr Postcard Browser that lets you browse databases by searching specific tags and putting them in a postcard type format. I was hooked on the FD Flickr Toys and the customized jigsaw puzzles you can make out of your own pics - now I have Christmas ideas.
I created a trading card for my son and his first baseball at an Astros game - this was fun. I looked through several of the library trading cards and they were humorous, but I'm still trying to determine how I would use it with my own library. You could create a more informative one - with library info and have it connected to your webpage, or it could be printed out as a trading card and posted around the library for students to find quick info they may need. I'm sure there are better ideas out there than this for using it; I'll check what others have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment