Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thing #5 - Flickr Discovery

"Sophisticated ... I'm so sophisticated." - Daisy, The Great Gatsby
This picture is from Lauren Nelson, taken from Flickr, a wonderful site. I liked the flapper look and it fits nicely with The Great Gatsby unit I used to teach.
What I found most impressive was the opportunities for using Flickr in libraries. I liked the idea of taking 365 pics in a year to demonstrate to the community, your school, the administrators what really goes on in the library. I also think as an English teacher, I could have used this site when my students were making their books using magazines, drawn pictures, photos, etc. I can see many a lesson plans using this site. Of course, the education of copyright and what type of photos were appropriate would come first.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you mentioned using flickr for language arts projects. My son has to make a book jacket, and I was dreading drawing the front cover. I forgot that I could look for pictures on flickr. This will give me an opportunity to teach him how to search for pictures.

    ReplyDelete