Thursday, March 28, 2013

Toothless Grin




     I once had a friend tell me that when her first child lost his first tooth, she cried.  It was a sign that he had grown up.  I feel a little differently than her.  To me - it's when those two front teeth grow IN.  That's when they jump from I-look-like-a-sweet-little girl to I'm-on-my-way-to-a-tween.  That's when the real change occurs.  I think that's why I love this picture so much of Lydia. I was downloading Palm Sunday pics and came across it.  See that little tongue sticking out?  I had to capture it now, before my little girl transformed in front of me.  I've already watched Elijah sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" and I've seen them grow back as spaced out as ever.  He'll be ready for the awkward, I-need-braces stage soon.
    But Lydia isn't over the hump, not quite yet.  I can still call her my little girl, the girl with the toothless grin.

1 comment:

  1. She's so pretty! She's the sweestest girl ever, always love to be around her. :)

    ReplyDelete