Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A coach, a basketball player and the cheerleader

This is basketball season and Elijah is loving it.  Through a program called UPWARD, he is playing bball and Lydia, for the first time, is cheerleading.  It's a cute, non-threatening, easy activity and she really enjoys it.  Lanie, who is unable to do any of these things, but is dragged everywhere to "watch brother!" and "watch sister!" has to be content to echo the cheerleading moves she's taking in and wants ever so much to do.  With that said, after school has become a time for Elijah to shoot hoops and recently, Lydia who I think is a great little athlete, has joined him.  One afternoon, she worked like the devil to make a hoop, Elijah coaching her all the way, and Lanie, donning her TEXANS cheer uniform on and grabbing some unmatching pom poms - woo'ed her all the way.  The hoop was way too high for her, but her tenacity amazed me.  She never gave up.  I shot over 20 different videos of her trying and the ONE time I put the phone down, she made it!  We were all so excited, and bitter I  missed the recording.  But, I did get some video of this strange dynamic - my kids, all working together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment